Dutch Baby Recipe: Low FODMAP and Wheat Free
22 - 23 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lactose-free milk
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- Prepare batter: combine eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, nutmeg and vanilla in blender.
- Allow batter to rest for at least 45 minutes before baking. The batter should be at room temperature when cooked.
- After batter is rested, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the butter in 10” cast iron pan, melt in the oven.
- As soon as the butter melts, remove skillet from oven. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Bake until puffy and lightly browned (17 -18 minutes).
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees. Bake for additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately, with maple syrup and jam.