My Low Fodmap Kitchen
Reduced Fat, Lactose-Free Dulce de Leche Recipe
Updated: Apr 12, 2020
This recipe is a great way to use milk before it spoils! I can’t tolerate apples (☹️) but my family LOVES to dip honeycrisp apples in this sauce.
Reduced Fat, Lactose-Free Dulce de Leche Recipe:
* adapted from Allrecipes.com *
MAKES: 1 1/4 cup of sauce
COOKING TIME: 2 hours
- 4 cups 2% Lactose-Free milk
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Use a whisk to combine all ingredients in a thick-bottomed sauce pan, over medium heat. - Bring to a boil. Once it boils, reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Simmer, whisking every few minutes, until the mixture darkens to a caramel color.
- Once it darkens, continue to simmer, whisking more frequently, until a caramel-like consistency is achieved (about 2 hours total).