Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp and Pesto: Low FODMAP, Gluten Free
Low FODMAP Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp and Pesto Recipe
MAKES: 4 entree size servings
COOKING TIME: 40 minutes in oven, 20 minutes of resting, 15 minutes active
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil or olive oil flavor nonstick cooking spray
1/ To cook squash:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut squash in half lengthwise
- Use a fork to remove seeds and inner membrane
- Spray halves with olive oil flavored nonstick cooking spray or brush with olive oil
- Put halves face down on a cookie sheet. Cook for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, turn face up, allow to cook to room temperature.
- When cooled, use a fork to pull the flesh into spaghetti-like strings. Place strings in large mixing bowl, discard the shell.
- Add pesto sauce to spaghetti squash. Use a fork or tongs to fully incorporate the sauce throughout.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Add shrimp and gently toss.
- Serve immediately with cherry tomato halves.