My Low Fodmap Kitchen
Spaghetti with Kale and Spinach Sauce: Low FODMAP, Garlic-Free, and Onion-Free
Low FODMAP, Garlic Free Kale and Spinach Sauce Recipe:
MAKES: 8 servings - enough to season a 1 lb box of dried pasta
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 8 cups of raw spinach
- 6 cups of chopped kale
- 10 sprigs of chopped chives or garlic chives (bottom halves only)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (suggest an imported, aged cheese)
- Pepper to taste - 2 tablespoons of garlic infused olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat a large skillet over low heat.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet.
- When oil is warmed, add chives, spinach, and kale.
- Sauté until spinach wilts. Then cover skillet and allow mixture to cook until the kale is tender, about 8 minutes.
- When kale is tender, remove skillet from heat.
- Transfer all ingredients to food processor or blender. Add cream, cheese and pepper. Process until a thick sauce is formed. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add pasta water in small amounts and pulse, until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve with freshly cooked pasta and grated Parmesan cheese to taste.